*Reviewed and updated 10th September 2020**
Things may be a little different - under the advice of the UK Government but our commitment to deliver the best experience possible, is exactly the same as it has always been.
Our team has been working tirelessly to ensure we can operate safely and provide the same great level of service. All we ask is your understanding as we work within the "guidelines".
Please take a read of some of the new systems and procedures that we have introduced to help you book with confidence. Remember that it is your choice to visit and we hope that we can welcome you but we can only do our best during these ever changing times.
We now have several measures in place after reopening to ensure your safety, the safety of others and our employees. These include but are not limited to the following –
- If you have any of the following symptoms, please do not visit our pub and restaurant
- Continuous cough
- High temperature
- Shortness of breath
- We will be supporting the government’s NHS Track and Trace. It is necessary for us to store your details for a temporary period of 21 days after your visit - for the sole purpose of the NHS track and trace team being able to contact you. On arrival you will need to register. There is a code to scan via your phone at the front door, or you can complete with a pen and paper and place your details in the sealed box provided. Full details of this are provided in our entrance area for you to read.
- One-way systems are in place, so please use designated entrances and exits. Enter through our front door and into the restaurant area. Exit is via the terrace door. Doors will be propped open, if weather permits. to prevent you from coming into contact with the door frames.
- Social distancing of 1+ metre will be maintained, whenever possible. We ask all our guests to be respectful of this policy when they visit us. Where this may not always be possible for our workers (i.e. behind our bar). All front of house staff have been given the option of wearing PPE whilst at work and staff are working in set teams across our sites where possible.
- Hand sanitisers will be readily available throughout, and we encourage you to use these during your visit.
- We will maintain regular and thorough cleaning of all areas, and increased sanitising of any touch/contact points.
- Menus will be disposable and re-printed daily.
- We've increased the frequency of our cleaning routines. Every table is cleaned thoroughly at the end of every guest visit. There will be a 15 minute break to sanitise our tables and this will allow time to thoroughly clean these areas.
- Once seated at your table, you are encouraged to remain seated at all times, unless you need to visit the rest rooms, or use the hand sanitising stations.
- We encourage a one in, one out policy in our rest rooms and our staff are frequently checking and sanitising these facilities. If you see any issues whilst using our facilities please make a member of the team aware so this can be rectified straight away.
- Moving the tables or moving between tables is not permitted by you - we will require the correct cleaning and sanitising in between each use.
- We are following government guidance on face masks, and they therefore are not mandatory whilst visiting us. All front of house staff have been given the option of wearing PPE whilst at work.
- We have followed all mandatory government guidelines to ensure the safety of our guests, this has meant that we have not needed to separate tables with perspex screening in our restaurants or around our vast bar space. Please stand back from the bar to allow space. You will see the markings around the bar to guide you on 1+meters space. This is purely a guide.
- For the safety of our team we are asking all guests, wherever, possible to pay by card or contactless methods. We accept, contactless card payments up to £45. We will endeavour to ask you to pay at the table during busy times. Please ask a member of staff to bring the card reader to you when you are ready to pay. We will sanitise the card machines frequently as part of the cleaning practices.
- Our Covid-19 policy can be viewed across our sites.
**Updated 10th September 2020**
Under the government guidelines, tables of up to 6 people are welcome to dine together inside or outside.
Whenever possible, please pre-book your table, both for food and drink.
In order to comply with social distancing measures we have reduced the amount of tables and chairs plus limited the bar stools. We have the added benefit of a large function room which we will open up where necessary to enable us to utilise more space.
We have also socially distanced our tables outside. These seats will not be booked out but offered on a first come, first served basis, weather permitting.
If you pre-book it will help to avoid disappointment at busy times.
Call 01773 745222 (open from noon daily)
You can email us via the form on our CONTACT US web page.
Use Facebook messenger @TheMarquisPubandKitchen page
We will contact you in order to confirm your booking - so please ensure you let us have your phone number or e-mail address.
We are still awaiting more guidelines about the re-commencement of group gatherings including functions, parties, baby showers, wedding receptions and funerals but in the meantime, our team are more than happy to make an appointment with you or talk to you over the phone to discuss further.
Finally, we would like to thank you for your support, patience and understanding!